*When registering for a program please us the log in of the person attending the program.
October 2018 Back to Top
This one-day seminar will provide practical training to personnel charged with administering commercial appraisal function or using commercial appraisals. Commercial real estate appraisal topics to be covered include terminology, regulatory requirements, property valuation techniques, best practices, and common errors. The course material will include a sample compliance review form and considerations in reviewing a commercial appraisal. Upon completion of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Describe appraisal regulations for federally regulated financial institutions
- Explain institutional responsibilities in the administration of the appraisal function
- Identify the information required to order an appraisal
- Explain the appraisal process
- Describe the three approaches to value
- Identify components of a compliance review
- Recognize common appraisal errors
Who should attend?
Commercial lenders, risk managers, underwriters, and credit officers with responsibilities that include ordering, reviewing or understanding commercial real estate appraisals.
Gregory J. Accetta, MAI, MRA,
On October 19th the MMBA will once again partner with Rebuilding Together Boston
(RTB) as skilled and unskilled (you!) volunteers donate time, talent, and resources for a "hands-on" day of home repairs and renovations. We will be helping a family that is unable to pay for essential home repairs and much-needed updates! Together we can transform the lives of deserving homeowners by improving the safety and health of their home and revitalizing a neighborhood!
Click here for video from last year's project in Boston!
Click here for registration form
NMLS Course Provider #1400031/ NMLS Course # 10069
7 Hour SAFE Core: Compliance in Action 2018
8:30 AM-3:30 PM
This course satisfies the requirements set forth by the Secure and Fair Enforcement Mortgage Licensing Act for a comprehensive 7-hour continuing education course for mortgage loan originators. This course covers topics required by the SAFE Act: 3 hours of Federal law, 2 hours of ethics (which shall include fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues), and 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending.
NMLS Course Provider #1400031/ NMLS Course # 10076
1 Hour SAFE Elective: CRA for Mortgage Lenders
4:00 PM- 5:00 PM
Massachusetts is the only state in the country which requires CRA examinations for mortgage lenders. Attendees will discuss the importance of CRA laws and regulations and understand the examination process.
* Please be aware that you will need to be in class for the ENTIRE time in order to fulfill the education requirement. Attendance will be taken throughout the course and your participation is expected!