Title: MPF Program Manager
Department: MPF (Member Services)
Position Summary The Mortgage Partnership Finance® (MPF) program is a secondary market outlet for 1-4 family residential mortgage loans sold by the Bank’s members, primarily small to mid-size banks and credit unions in the six New England states. The MPF Program Manager is responsible for the implementation and delivery of the MPF program’s sales, business development, and customer service initiatives. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating, developing, and transmitting all of the resources necessary for effective program usage, working either directly with members or through other Bank stakeholders. These responsibilities require extensive experience and knowledge of mortgage banking and the secondary mortgage market. The incumbent serves as one of the primary contacts with the MPF Provider (FHLBank Chicago), which provides back-office operations, base pricing, marketing support, customer service, and product development.
The MPF Program Manager’s responsibilities include product management and strategy, recruitment of new participating financial institutions (PFIs), training of new and existing PFIs, and providing ongoing technical assistance. Responsibilities also include development of business relationships with industry experts, the MPF Provider, other FHLBank MPF program managers and companies that support FHLBank member secondary market activities. The incumbent is responsible for managing at least one direct report, an MPF Mortgage Market Specialist. Together, the MPF Program Manager and the MPF Mortgage Market Specialist provide subject matter expertise on a wide range of sales, product, training and other program topics to PFIs and other FHLBank colleagues.
The position requires travel for Bank business, anticipated to be up to 20%, that may include overnight stays. Travel is primarily within the six New England states.
This role will have a hybrid work schedule in our Boston office in accordance with the Bank’s Hybrid Work Program.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in mortgage banking with a depository financial institution or mortgage banking entity as extensive knowledge of mortgage banking and the secondary mortgage market is required for this role.
- Strong experience in various aspects of mortgage banking, including loan origination, underwriting, quality control, loan servicing and/or secondary market sales, is required.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, we strongly encourage applicants from every ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran or parental status and sexual orientation.
Applications are being accepted on the Careers page of our website: www.fhlbboston.com
Title Curative Paralegal
Established in 1986, Bendett & McHugh, P.C., has been providing outstanding legal services specifically focused in representing mortgage servicers and lenders in our Mortgage Default practice. We are committed to providing career-oriented, professionally-rewarding experiences to all who choose to work at our firm. Our employees are seen as our most valued assets. We are committed to our Core Values- Integrity, Service, Quality and Teamwork.
We are currently looking for experienced lien resolution/title curative paralegal to work full time for the firm’s Farmington, CT office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Requesting figures for lien payoff from lien holder
· Facilitating payoff of senior liens
· Monitoring reporting for sensitive deadlines and escalating as necessary
· Requesting title policy and mortgage origination documents from lenders
· Drafting title claim letters for the submission of claims to insurers
· Drafting releases of mortgages and other lien releases
· Drafting curative affidavits
· Communicating with title vendors, title insurers and title curative attorneys as needed
· Communicating with clients through secure client websites
· Searching public records
· Investigating real estate records and titles
Job requirements are:
· Excellent communication
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to understand and analyze chains of title & land records
· Ability to problem solve cures for title defects
· Previous experience examining chains of title & land records for law firm or title company a plus
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Basic MS Office skills
· Ability to multi task proficiently in a fast-paced environment
Hourly compensation is commensurate experience. Bendett & McHugh, P.C. offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, PTO, sick time, 401k and other benefits to all of our fulltime employees.
Please send your resume, cover letter and compensation requirements in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org