Title: Relationship Manager
Location: One Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108
Posting Closes: Close of Business on July 5, 2023 Website: https://www.masshousing.com
MassHousing recently affirmed its longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion in its 5-year Strategic Goals, see https://www.masshousing.com/-/media/Files/Corporate/MH-5yr-Strategic-Business-Goals.ashx.
MassHousing will confront the housing challenges facing the Commonwealth to improve the lives of its people. A bold mission for an innovative agency. Since its inception in 1966, MassHousing has provided more than $27.5 billion for more than 125,000 apartments and more than 105,000 home mortgage loans. Beyond lending, we also work to promote economic growth and empowerment for families, individuals, and businesses; help communities increase their housing stock; provide hope and homes for vulnerable populations, and look for new, cost-effective ways to provide equitable housing opportunities. We have a relentless determination to confront the Commonwealth's housing challenges and improve lives.
We know that we cannot meet our mission without a workforce that is committed to standing with us in our efforts. We achieve this by making investments in staff development and prioritizing individuals who align with our values including an unwavering dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As an employee of MassHousing you are offered a great career opportunity which is more than a paycheck. MassHousing’ s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including but not limited to:
· Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 per calendar year
· A 35-hour work week and a hybrid work schedule
· Back up Child/Elder Care
· Retirement Savings including a pension and a deferred compensation plan (with a match)
· Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
· 12 paid Holidays per year and generous sick, vacation, and personal time
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Central Boston office location, convenient to public transportation and amenities on site
If you’re ready to join our dynamic team of mission driven professionals, this might be the job for you! Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to MassHousing by logging in to https://prd01-hcm01.prd.mykronos.com/ta/6003873.careers?CareersSearch
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Relationship Manager (SRM), the Relationship Manager (RM) will promote MassHousing Homeownership products, services, and programs to customers to help the Agency drive revenue growth and achieve maximum sales profitability and account penetration within the Commonwealth. The RM is responsible for the relationship management and strategic oversight of multiple lender, non-profit and business partner relationships including, but not limited to, new business production, service, training, consulting, partner development, marketing, and community development. Through personal sales calls, email and telephone contacts, the RM will use a consultative selling approach to improve customer satisfaction through an enhanced knowledge of MassHousing products and services. The RM is responsible for production growth and market penetration in specific market segments or geographic regions. This role requires a keen focus on leading and promoting activities that impact the customer experience, with the objective of increasing first mortgage loan production and sustaining customer satisfaction. The Relationship Manager role requires a minimum of 50% travel.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee the account management of relationships with lenders, realtors, non-profit organizations, municipal government leadership, civic organizations, community leaders, and trade associations, as well as other individual professionals and groups involved with home sales and mortgage lending.
· Establish priorities with activities such as in-person and virtual sales calls, educational training sessions, and technical assistance to the Agency’s Home Ownership Lending business partners.
· Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the customers' business models and strategies to develop and integrate a pro-active approach to optimizing the value of the relationship to both MassHousing and the customer.
· Develop and maintain strategic account plans for assigned accounts/territories and identify opportunities for new business relationships.
· Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customer value to the organization. Regularly communicate with the SRM to explore, develop, and maintain new business relationships.
Sales and Customer Service
· Develop and implement a territory plan to include face-to-face and virtual meeting frequency standards.
· Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the territory/segment.
· Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for MassHousing’s products/services.
· Comply with internal reporting requirements, sales processes and standards, and communication of results.
· Manage assigned relationships with lenders, realtors, non-profits, and trade associations as well as other individual professional and groups involved with home sales and mortgage lending.
· Participate/represent MassHousing regularly at external events (homebuyer classes, trade association meetings, conventions).
· Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
· Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
· Work very closely with and interact effectively with: HomeOwnership Production, Operations & Servicing, Mortgage Insurance, Corporate Communications, and other internal departments.
· Effectively utilize all Homeownership data and reports for providing high level of service to our partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
I. Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
a. Demonstrate sound judgment.
b. Anticipate problems and opportunities.
c. Identify and assesses risk.
d. Explore options and develops solutions.
II. Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as a member of a team.
a. Respond to needs of internal and external customers.
b. Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
c. Accountable to customers and key stakeholders.
d. Collaborate with co-workers and business partners.
e. Resolve conflicts effectively.
f. Assume additional responsibility when needed.
III. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
a. Share meaningful information.
b. Exercise discretion when sharing information.
c. Prepare written materials that are clear and accurate.
d. Articulate an idea or a point of view effectively.
e. Demonstrate effective presentation skills.
f. Represent the Agency effectively.
IV. Effective time management and project management skills.
a. Take a proactive approach to tasks.
b. Focus on performance objectives.
c. Prioritize competing demands appropriately.
d. Produce quality work product.
e. Follow-through to conclusion.
f. Take responsibility for completing projects in a timely manner.
g. Move decision-making to the appropriate level to achieve results.
Minimum Education and Training
I. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
II. Minimum of 5-7 years direct sales or account management experience.
III. Customer relationship management (Salesforce.com or other) experience.
IV. Relationship management meeting facilitation experience required.
V. Previous retail, wholesale and/or correspondent lending experience is preferred.
VI. Knowledge of all aspects of mortgage origination process including pricing, underwriting, closing, and compliance.
VII. Knowledge of all aspects of mortgage insurance.
VIII. Presentation and public speaking skills are required.
IX. Analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
X. Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
XI. Reliable, organized, and consistent.
XII. Willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
XIII. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Salary Range: $101,287.00 to $131,673.00
All positions at MassHousing require a customer service mindset, in accordance with our values: Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect, Accountability and Service. Inherent in these values is our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all.
MassHousing is an Equal Opportunity Employer