2019 Rising Star Nomination
The Rising Star Award was created to recognize exceptional up-and-coming association member professionals who, in the eyes of their Manager, Supervisor or Sr. Executive possess the professional characteristics that signify a Massachusetts Mortgage Bankers Association.
The MMBA would like to offer Rising Stars a leadership development program for emerging leaders working in the residential mortgage lending industry. The program provides opportunities for future leaders to develop advanced industry expertise, have access to direct mentor opportunities with local industry leaders, meet and collaborate with peers, build leadership skills, and participate in the MMBBA. Tomorrow's game-changing executives are today's Future Leaders, and this program provides the connections and exposure needed to take the next step in advancing their careers.
- Someone who is 35 years old or younger and is a valued employee in the company and active in his or her community
- Have less than 10 years in the mortgage industry
- Commit to attending at least 2 of the following leadership sessions
2019/2020 Leadership Sessions (3) with 2 optional participation events
Location (and time) will be determined with Rising Stars. Sessions will be approximately 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- SESSION I: Executive Perspectives. A panel of executive leaders will explain and share their thoughts on C-level decisions and strategies, and their thoughts on the future of mortgage banking.
- SESSION 2: The Secondary Market. What is a service released premium? Learn how loans are sold on the secondary market. Investor account executive will explain their roles from both a correspondent and wholesale perspective.
- SESSION 3: Always Be Funding. Learn how warehouse lenders provide access to liquidity, see how the funding process works, and learn about the risks associates with providing capital.
- Optional MMBA Programs:
- Beacon Hill Day (June)
- Rebuilding Together Day (October)
Rising Stars are required to work for current MMBA members. We will be accepting nominations through December 31st.
Winners will be announced to our membership and further recognized at the Annual Dinner on January 23rd. Rising Stars will have unique opportunities and experiences with the MMBA!
Click here to complete an online nomination
Click here to print a nomination form
Click here for FAQ's