MMBA Scholarship & Internship Program
MMBA Scholarship program
The MMBA has established a community collage scholarship award with Bunker Hill Community College, Cape Cod Community College, Quinsigamond Community College and Holyoke Community Collegewhich will hopefully combine with a mortgage internship program next summer. For 2013 we will be concentrating on the scholarship awards.
How do you participate?
- Commit to at least a $500 participation fee which will go towards the MMBA scholarship fund.
Who are the eligible students?
Students must be:
- From a low-income household as defined by HUD
- Enrolled at Bunker Hill Community College and eventually any of the community colleges in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and
- Majoring in Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Finance and/or fluent in languages other than English
- Maintained a GPA of at least 2.75.
Will you receive MLCI credit for participation? Yes!
We have received confirmation that from the MA Division of Banks confirming that contributions made towards the scholarship program would be considered towards CRA activity for non-depository mortgage lenders. Award recipients will be from a low-income household. (Depositories may use this towards CRA credit if the Boston area is in your CRA territory)
What are the benefits?
- Members participating in the scholarship program have prospective future employees.
- Depending upon member interest - we can offer several internships to community college minority students and exposure to the mortgage industry for future jobs,
- Contributions made to the scholarship fund would be considered towards MLCI activity.